Now I normally don't post on Sunday's but today I had to make an exception. Not that anything strange or out of the ordinary occured, but I just got in and had to relieve my thoughts to someone, so you are my victim so to speak. This weekend has been wonderful, and I thank God for the experience. Friday after work, I went to help Pinkaboo with some stuff in her classroom, before the kids tear it all down on their return to classes on Monday. I think she is mad cool. We had a good time as she attempted to put me on Tina Marie, lol. Barbaric Customs, to say the least. Afterwards, I hit up Mojo's in South Atlanta and stopped off at Girl A's apartment to help her fix her printer. *note to readers* I'm not a player or nuffin, for helping folx, they are just cool peeps. So anywho after I left there, the sun was still up, so I made a few calls to see what the Phirst Pham was up to. Unfortunately, me making a trip from West Atlanta to Peachtree just wasn't going to happen, so I headed up I-285 to the crib. That pretty much ended Friday nite. I feel asleep on the sofa, so you know I was tired.
Saturday was probably the most fulfilling day in quite some time. I ended up oversleeping, but I made it to the community service project around 8:15am to help my frat brother re-plant this garden at the community center in his neighborhood. It was roughly about 6 or 7 of us, and ironically the fewer people made it more fulfilling. We finished up around 12:30 and then hit up this hotwing joint called Crickets. The food wasn't all that good, but just hanging out with people that were genuinly cool, made the day more enjoyable. Afterwards I went home hit up the playstation, and just enjoyed the day. It was one of those days that you just want to look up and say "Thank you Lord." Which Im quite sure I did!! I feel asleep after flipping between Armageddon & The Matrix I. Besides the Matrix Trilogy, Armageddon is by far my favorite movie.
Now for the inspiration of the weekend...well to me at least.
Unfortunately I didn't make it to church this morning, which was about the only thing that went bad today, but you know God has a way of working things out for us all. So I got up and cooked breakfast, played me another game of NCAA 2005, and by 3pm I was out the door. I had initially planned on trying to find this Love Jones House of Poetry, but come to find out the address on the web led me to some insurance company...go figure. Meanwhile, I headed up north to try and find this spot in Kennesaw that I drove up to back when I was 16. One of those, you should not have gone, but you did anyways. Needless to say, I drove around the same 5 mile radius for dang near an hour to find the spot. Ill elaborate later on what it actually was, but lets just leave it at "a breathe of fresh air". So on my way back I was inspired to get my dirty car washed. So I hit up the CarSpa joint and then made my normal Val-Marte run. Came back to the house and cleaned the inside of the car.
"Ok, to most people the events above would seem normal and just in chronological order.....But to me, these event are thing that I have been dying to get done, ever since freshman year. The ability for me to be able to make ends meet "on my own"". The ablility to just up and "go", and not have to worry about this, or about that. It was sort of that "karma" feeling, and I wouldnt trade it for the world. I came to the realization that my accounting professor was wrong when she said that "cash" was the most liquid asset....way wrong. From this day forth, I deem "time" as God's greatest gift to mankind, and mankinds most liquid asset. You can have a million dollars and lose it, and work to gain it back. But you can't lose time and then regain it back.....it is just that valueable. So to my Lord and Savior I say "Thank You". And with that I close my Sunday Post with this poem inspired by Christ"
My Serenity Prayer
Lord
Grant me the ability to change the things I can
Fruitfulness to multiply the Annointing on my life
And Humbleness, So that when the Day is Over
I Make sure to Give you All the Glory.
Amen
"Character is defined as what we do when no one else is watching"
2 comments:
Sorry for the anonymity:-)
"I believe that true intimacy with God is through prayer. It is essential that we set aside time to be with Him and only Him. Intimacy doesn't come over night, it is a journey. Intimacy is a private endeavor and God only judges you by what is truly in your heart and what is spoken during those private times.
God Bless and never give up seeking Him because He has never given up on us."
You never know how your comments will be received. I really enjoyed your version of the Serenity Prayer. I do not claim to be a "perfect" christian (there are none) but I do my best to please Him.
Ruth - lsenior@excite.com
You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it us patent 6440057 Fibonacci roulette system Cheap spam blocker for windows xp Western australian lotteries commission Seo internship kyrgyzstan percocet overdose Buy didrex where Driveways newcastle keno online Renault laguna ii 1.8 computer game roulette video Http online roulette Mood ring interpretations generic zyban Rockwell fax tables roulette table
Post a Comment