Monday, October 18, 2004

Roller Coasters

I know, I know.......Roller Coasters & its the middle of October huh, lol! Anywho, this post really has nothing to do with roller coasters themselves, but moreover the past days since my last post. I made a commitment last week to stop worrying so much, and believe you me last week held up pretty well.

Quick highlights:

Wednesday - I went to Sway's church in Decatur. I had a blast. Enjoyed service, and met up with some folx from my hometown who are members of the church. I really enjoyed bible study that night, and I want to thank Sway for the invitation. I think that this experience allowed me to see two things: 1. This blogging idea really brings about a small community. As I browse other's pages, I am beginning to see the same links to the same pages I have on my sight...not bad...not at all! 2. That people in the blogging world, are real! You know you always get that whole, "don't talk to folx on the net, they crazy".....well to a certain extent, that idea was proven wrong with Miss Sway! Thanx Girl!


Thursday - Well after a bomb trip to Kennesaw for a meeting in which only one other person showed up, I got two strange calls....the first was from MAG, who invited me to go see the stage play "The Color Purple" at the Woodruff Arts Center, which turned out to be the bomb!!! We had great seats, and it was truly a memory I never want to forget. I enjoyed the actual movie, but the stage play put things into so much more prospective. Although they left out the part where Shug Avery goes back to the church, it was still a great play. The other call was from my mom's.....she called and said that a guy I use to play football with in Highschool, came home (his home) and found his mother not breathing. No one knows what happened, well except that she had gone to the emergency room the night before and the doctor had given her a prescription, and that she had actually went and gottent the prescription. Maybe she was allergic to it...I dunno, but I feel really bad for him, considering he is my boy! He lives two doors down from where my family lives back home, so my mom's has been spending a lot of time over there. It really put a lot into prospective though. I mean I dunno what I'd do if my moms died. I'd really lose it. So I thank God for all that he is doing in my life as well as my mother's.....she is my heart!

Friday - I had planned on having a KJD nite once again....so I was up doing my usual (PS2), when the phone rang.......now normally, I just screen the call once I actually saw it was someone who I knew I didn't want to speak to, but my dumb self picked up the phone anyways. We ended up hanging out for a while that night, which further assured me that she needs to be out of my life....period. There just isn't any prosperity in that friendship, non what so ever!

Saturday - I had a lot of errands to run, before the college games came on, but instead of wasting my gas, driving around a 1.5 mile radius, I decided to walk. I went to the barbershop, to Bestbuy, Marshalls, TJMaxx, Walgreens, and back to the barbershop (where I'd unfortunately left my keys, lol). The good news is that I was able to only "windowshop". The only thing I actually bought was the new Raphael Saadiq CD, for $5. I got back home just in time to watch most of the televised games. Although, the Saturday was a beautiful day! I wish I could have done more, outside. I worked on the midterm for Stragetic Marketing (which still isn't finished), but hopefully by Thursday I'll have something to turn in!

Sunday - I returned back to Sway's church. I don't think that she thought I'd show up, so when her friend pointed me out, I think she was surprised. I enjoyed the service, but I still am looking for more Word!! I feel like that robot (Johnny 5) on the movie "Short Circuit".....more input.........input....need more input! Anywho, afterwards, I came back and watched my Fantasy Team lose once again.

R0ller Coaster Dive -

Monday - So I wake up this morning, and satan is/was back up to his same ole tricks..... I had a crazy dream last night about this girl I use to know back in highschool. We never dated, but there was always this underlying thing between us, nothing sinful of course. All I can remember is that she was younger than I, an that we were at my old school in a car? Go figure, but I had a bad feeling about it though. Anywho, I woke up feeling real down, and was almost to the point of worrying, but with the help of some good people, I'm back at it! Gotta keep pushin, and movin on!

See you guys soon

KJD

"Character is defined as what we do when no one else is watching"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work »