Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Office Space

Ok, so maybe I'm in the "movie theme" this week; so shoot me! If you've seen the movie "Office Space" you'll know what I mean when I say that I'm locked up in my cube this morning, trying to break every possible stereotype of a "cube job". I downloaded a ton of music and put in on my jump drive this morning, so that I can stay up beat a moving around this joint this morning. *Of course I can't put funding into a Ipod, so the Jump Drive will have to serve it's purpose.

I'm purposely trying to break every feasible "cube job" trait this morning. Hence, the fact that it's 8:27am and after I finished my daily reports, I decided to blog first thing in the morning. I think maybe afterwards I'll doctor up me a "things to do list", and see how far that takes me today.

So what's new? How about I have this friend right! For the sake of annonimity, we'll call her "Kia" (no that's not her name, but it'll serve it's purpose). So Kia isn't from Atlanta, or even Georgia for that matter. She's from clear across the country, and we recently met. She was looking for folx to hang out with and show her around the city, and since she seemed like good people, I offered. Well, we shall skip all the betweens and jump 3 weeks later to last saturday. I get out of my New Venture Analysis class, and I have a voice message from Kia, stating that she was stranding on the side of the road (she drives a Kia), and needed my help. So since it was only two exits away, I chose to help. We got a tow truck to take it to the dealership, and I gave her a ride home. Told her that I had a softball game that evening, but if she needed anything, just give me a call. Well, her car couldn't be looked at until Monday, so Saturday and Sunday went by without any problems. So Monday came (yesterday). She called and asked if I would take her to the dealership, because her car was unrepairable, and she wanted to look at getting a new one. So me being the "good guy" told her yes. I told her that I'd be there after work, which was 4:30pm. Little did I remember (because clearly I was caught in the whole "helping mode), BUT I HAD CLASS LAST NIGHT AT 6PM. So the fact that I had class didn't hit me until I got off work. So I contimplated not going to class, but then I know that I need an A out of this class, because graduation is getting closer and closer. So I called Kia, and told her that I forgot that I had class. I apologized and told her that I would definitly do it on Tuesday (today). She said ok, and that was that right......wrong.

So I got up this morning, and was on my way to work, when my phone rang at 6:45am, and who was it.....you guessed ....Kia. She proceeded to attempt to "bless" me out early in the morning, about how she felt I didn't have a class last night, and how I was playing games with her. Now the "old me" would have just argued right back with her, and started something that didn't need to be started. But the "new me", simply let her say what she had to say, and explain to her that it was definitely too early in the morning to be having this conversation. *that really fired her up* But I'm learning though....I really am. That you have to choose your battles, and that some things are just not worth arguing over. I'll still keep my word and take her to look for a car this evening, but some things I just won't argue about, regardless of the situation.

*Ok, glad I got that off my chest*

I think I'll get to work now....but trust me, I'll be back in precisely 3hrs and 10mins (give or take an hour, lol)

Until the clock tolls another hour,

God, your grace is sufficient..

KJD

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello KJD,
I have been reading your blogs and have come to the decision that I do not sympathize with your women "problems". I am sure...and I want you to really think about this before you react...that there is at least ONE woman that you have overlooked (for some reason or another) that is not the typical person that you have been dealing with. I am sure you have run into, at least, one woman that does not fit into any of the categories in the previous post. But, and I want you to admit this to yourself, we (as humans) would rather feel sorry for ourselves, because then we have an excuse. Now, there is another possibility. This woman could be right under your nose and you have not recognized her "potential" because God knows that you are not ready/ripened. But, I am sure she is there!

Anonymous said...

Oh my Oh my look what I stumble across!!! I haven't read your blogs in such a long time. So I decided to check in on you! I haven’t heard from Mr. "nice guy" in such a long time. *Kia must be the reason* I must admit the reading was very interesting. Now I have been enlightened, as to what is going on in your life, and why you so busy. :) Man on Man KJD who did you upset Miss Anonymous seems to be a little fired up. So KJD do you just go running around breaking young women’s hearts lol?

tty soon....

Your friend from DC

*I will check in a little more often*

Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. free fitness journals