Two days ago time magically “sprung” forward. Now while this is some festive idea created in
World War time, we have somehow managed to adopt it into our everyday
living. It’s a novel idea though. The utilization of the earth’s axial rotation
around the sun used to dictate the comings and goings of humans in our daily
activities. Makes you wonder for a
second though. How impervious to reality
are we? How we can allow a single
dictation in time to train our thoughts, our daily operations, our
realities? What was life like before
Daily Savings Time? What did people do back then? Were they impervious to the fact that the sun
just randomly decided to start going down (technically not) earlier? Were they more excited to get more sleep
during the winter months? Did they
noticed how the sun rose earlier during the summer months? Moreover, did it matter? Was the institution of Day Light Savings
times a value added to the larger scheme of things when you stand back and look
at it.
Or perhaps was it truly and solely instituted to for a cunning
methodology of war time. To serve the
purpose of ensuring that there was either enough time during “sunlight” hours
to build bombs, tanks, or create war, while completely neglecting the greater
impact on the whole. And by the whole I
mean the rest of civilization.
I mean think about it.
We embrace the hours taken away, or given every year as if it were part
of some religious text, when in fact, it’s a man-made phenomena created to
change our way of thinking, our habits, our mindsets, our realities.
I’m not fan of Day Light Savings time. Perhaps I used to be. But I “woke up” this morning, and
consequently yesterday morning much earlier than normal. I felt…normal. The sun was still on the other side of the
earth, yet my body felt..well…normal. I’m
convinced that the original time, long before DST was ever instituted, was the
time between Spring and Fall. During
this time life is brighter, more optimistic. The birds know it, the trees know
it, the grass know it, and they don’t need a clock or Benjamin Franklin to tell
them. I move that we go back to when
time wasn’t dependent upon some made up rule that binds us to conform, that
perils us to drag through the day, sadly adjusting our internal clocks
(God-Given) to man made ways of thinking.
I move that we rethink time…that we reset our clocks back to
the original origins from whence they came.
If God didn’t screw up anything else, why tinker with this.
Embrace each day.
Time is Love. Love is God. Transitive Property!
Journey Lessons:
1.
Love Independently
2.
Life is Choice
3.
Love is a verb, in a run-on sentence ,with no
periods, and an endless amount of “commas”
Walk with me….
No comments:
Post a Comment