Saturday, May 16, 2009

Clock stops

And so it begins again.....my endless attempt to place a hold on the second hand, freeze the moment, and attempt to aggregate my thoughts in one fell swoop.

{clock stops}

A quarter to seven on this nice Saturday afternoon (as The Light by Common jams in the background) and I've decided to reignite my streaming thoughts. Seems like when I take breaks from blogging and go off into my own world or thoughts, I miss out on remembering so many things in life.

Here I am, age 27, having experienced so much in life....hurt, pain, smiles, happiness (if only in stints), confusion. And yet and still, at age 27 I realize that there is so much more in life to experience, if it be God's Will. Speaking of God's Will, I think that's been the theme of the 1st half of 2009. I don't know if it's forced habit or God's divine intervention, but every time I pray, the idea and life long goal of seeking God's Will finds its way out of my heart and into the air. It's tough though; you know, seeking God's Will; and wondering where it will lead you.....who you will meet along the way....how to figure out if you are still in God's Will or not....a various number of phrases that cause you to rethink your every move. Then it all falls back on the prayer....."God, help me seek your Will".

(subject change)

So I've been in the Mid Atlantic states for just over two years now. I can remember driving up I-85 the first time I came here. Thoughts of endless possibilities, and wondering what was next in life. I guess now that I have 2 years under my belt; taking inventory is a bit different than I originally thought. Then again....maybe not. You see, people used to always ask me; why did you leave the A? You use to talk about how much you liked Atlanta, and all of the adventures that came along with it. I used to tell them that I thought God wanted to take me away from those adventures, in order to get me to another level. What I didn't know at that time, and quite honestly, I don't fully know now is....what exact "level' is it that He's planned for me? And at that point satan tries to come in and cause confusion of the mind. Is it a level of direct spiritual growth, or a level of career growth, or maybe He sent me here to find the Love of my Life.

Well to be honest, my spiritual growth seems to not be as exponential as it was when I was a mainstay at WCCI. I know, that sucks...but tomorrow I'm getting up, and I'll be at the 8 o'clock service. I think it's time for a redirection of priorities in life. Some days I feel like I've wasted 2 years, others I feel like I've progressed far greater than I could have imagined.

Speaking of progression, the job is going well. It's different than what I used to do, but it's still cool dealing with numbers/ Some days I feel like the Matrix scene, where the guy says that he doesn't even see numbers any more; all he sees are "red dresses" or other random events within the endless series of numbers. I know, it sounds crazy....but I truly like what I do, career wise. And that is a blessing in and of itself.

(subject change)

You know, at some point in life I'm going to devote an entire post to "putting your eggs in one basket." Then again, I should probably devote an entire post to my recently found friend, 'Time'. Now don't get it twisted, 'Time' as she will be called is an actual person, she does exist, lol. The reason I mention both the eggs and Time is because the one thing that has been inconsistent from my life over the past 2 years is Love. No, not the love that people say endlessly and try to define with pointless words.....but the Love that makes you want to open your heart, hand it to the other person, and show them their name inscribed on it.......If it be God's Will......

Well it's now a little bit after 7pm, and I have some things I need to take care of....but to those of you who stumble upon my page again, I hope you continue to come back.......it only gets more interesting from here.

God's Will,
Journey

Clock begins again....

No comments: